Christmas meme. I snagged this from Erin's blog.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Egg Nog, I love the stuff! Especially the "chugs" you get at the grocery store.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Most gifts are wrapped unless Santa brings something rather large.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Usually we use colored lights. When we had our fake tree I would wrap a couple of strands of white lights around the inner poll before we put the branches on. It make the tree glow from the inside....VERY pretty!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No.
5. When do you put up your decorations? We usually put up our decorations and tree the day after Thanksgiving but the last couple of years we've had to wait a couple weeks. We're planning on getting things up this coming weekend. We need to go get a real tree, our fake one bit the dust a couple years ago.
6. What is your favorite Christmas meal include? We have traditional meals at both my family's gathering and at my in-laws' gathering. What are they? Sloppy joes with my family and stuffed pork chops at my in-laws.
7. Favorite Holiday Christmas memory as a child? I loved being in my grandparent's house. We would play games in the attic room, my dad would fall asleep under the dinning room table! I don't know why. It was great! I just miss being with my Graddy.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't know really. I remember staying up really late with my sisters one year so we could catch him. Santa may not be real but I most definitely believe in the magic of the season!
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? When I was young we would open gifts at my dad's parent's house. Now, with my family, we open gifts on Christmas morning.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights, red and silver garland, and then we have store bought ornaments as well as sentimental ornaments. Last year we had the kids make green and red paper chains. I think we'll do that again.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? It's a love/hate relationship. I love to look at it and play in it. I can TERRIFIED to drive in it.
12. Can you ice skate? I've never been ice skating in my life.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift? Dave officially proposed to me on a Christmas morning. I'd have to say that was my favorite gift because that has, in turn, brought me more gifts. My children. I love nothing more than to watch them on Christmas morning.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays Christmas for you?
15. What is your favorite Holiday Christmas Dessert?
Oi! What a question. My MIL makes all kinds of wonderful and tasty things. It's hard to pick just one. Rum balls, chocolate covered toffee, Fannie Mae cake, Scottish bagpipes, to name a few. Oh and I make a mean double coconut cream pie.
16. What is your favorite Holiday Christmas tradition?
Every year we take a drive on Christmas eve to look at all the decorated houses and we sing Christmas carols.
17. What tops your tree?
I have a lighted star.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Silent Night, it always reminds me of my Graddy. He used to sing it and he had such a lovely voice.