52 Books in 52 Weeks 2012
Book 1: Lunewulf Law - Lorie O'Clare
Book 2: Date Night - Emma Holly
Book 3: Bewitched - H.P. Mallory
Book 4: Unicorn Bait - S.A. Hunter
Book 5: Darkness Dawns - Dianne Duvall
Book 6: Night Reigns - Dianne Duvall
Book 7: Fire Burn and Cauldron Bubble - H.P. Mallory / Week 4
Friday, November 17, 2006
On the knitting front....I can't find my project back with my LL sock! I know it's around here somewhere but I've just been to busy to fish it out of my cluttered house! Shh, don't tell anyone that! I haven't touched my Mimosa Wrap in I don't know how long.....am I being to ambitious? I'm about 3/4ths done with the Harry Potter stocking hat I'm making for Davey. Honestly, I hate to say it but I haven't been knittin much in the last week or so. I'm just a reading machine!
A co-worker of mine has more books than she knows what to do with and has been my supplier for this Nora Roberts reading binge I've been on. I'm jokingly referring to her as my "dealer"! I just finished up a 4 book series she loaned to my last Sunday! That's 4 boos in 4 1/2 days people! I've been reading a lot! I just love getting lost in a good story! What can I say! I wish I could write them but I'm much better at reading them so I'll stick with that!
Work is going well. I had honestly been thinking of getting a different job lately. We're under new management and I could not be happier! I have been working with my boss to create a new spa and massage menu! I've also developed a new body treatment! I'm working on another treatment now that involves hot/cold stones, crystals, and facial massage! It's gonna be so lovely! It's really nice that my work is finally putting some stock in the massage department. We're getting things that we have needed for sooooo long. Basic things that should never have been neglected but sadly were!
So what's up with you? That's about it for me folks, happy knitting!
Tuesday, November 07, 2006
I've got a couple of knitting projects goin on at the moment. First I have the Mimosa Wrap. I'm using Sinfonia in Rosa. Total cost of yarn $4! Then I bought some Addi Turbos so add another $12. Not too bad if I don't say so myself. I like the yarn, I like the needles. However, it is going rather slow. Especially since I haven't touched the thing in a couple of weeks! What can I say I've been reading like my life is at an end! And as much as I'd like I have not mastered knitting, following a pattern, and reading a book at the same time!
My 2nd project it a sock (thinking of turning this into a glove though) using Lorna's Laces Superwash in Vera. I really like this yarn. The color is so pretty and it knits up really well. As I mentioned before I'm banging out this bad boy on 2 circs. Size 1 Addi Turbos given to me by Lesa who got them from Erin. I love free knitting stuff! LOL Again, this is going a little slow with all that reading I've been doing. But I am currently out of books to read so knitting has stepped back up to the front.
Now, I always say I"m gonna knit gifts for Xmas and I never get it done! So I am gonna start rockin out some Sweet Mary Janes for my massage clients this year! Wish me luck and nag me so that I get it done! Okay that's it for know folks!
1. One book that changed your life: Scott Cunninham's "Wicca for the Solitary Practioner". My mom gave it to me and it helped set me on my path.
2. One book that you've read more than once: I read all books at least twice. Why buy a book and only read it once??? I've read "The King Must Die" and "The Bull from the Sea" by Mary Renault well over 25 times each. They are my ultimate favorite books! And that's a hard thing to say since I have a LOT of favorite books.
3. One book you'd want on a desert island: One book, only one book? Well, I just can't do that! Obviosly "The King Must Die" and "Bull from the Sea" but I'd have a trunk full of others I just couldn't live with out.
4. One book that made you laugh: "The Perfect Wife" by Lynsay Sands. It's a historical romance and it's funny as all get out!
5. One book that made you cry: "A Prayer for Owen Meany" by John Irving. I balled it was wonderful!
6. One book you wish had been written: I don't know, it hasn't been written!
7. One book you wish had never been written: "Anna Karenina" by Leo Tolstoy. ICK and still I read it 5 times!
8. One book you're currently reading: I just finished up "Key of Valor" by Nora Roberts. I have been on a Nora Roberts kick here lately. You don't want to know how many books I read in the last month! It will boggle your mind. I just love to read though!
9. One book you've been meaning to read: "The Mists of Avalon". I started reading it AGES ago and never finished it. Heck I think I only made halfway through it, if even that! It's a good book but very LONG.
10. Six people to tag: Eh, do it if you want to.